Friday, August 3, 2012

Smooch | Sophie, NYX, Avon, Watsons

Posted by Maryani at 2:55 PM

Aside from skin care products, I also collect lipsticks and balms.  I posted some of my lippies here before and I would like to share my recent purchases too :) I collect lipsticks from different brands, and the ones shown above are from Nyx, Sophie, Avon, and Watsons :)



Packaging and Price:

Left to Right : Nyx (PhP150), Sophie Martin (PhP79), Avon Simply Pretty (PhP115), Watsons Moisturizing Lip Balm (PhP49)

  • Nyx - I love its packaging the most :)
  • Sophie - Although their lipsticks are really cheap, the packaging wears off even just after a few days / weeks. It was supposed to look like this
  • Avon - Not a big fan of its ~look~
  • Watsons- It's super cute tbh. But it's a pain that you need to use a lip brush for this.  You wouldn't want to dip your fingers repeatedly in this lip balm because it is unhygienic and gross. Haha.

  Flavors / Scent / Feel:




  • Avon- Simply Pretty Shine & Shimmer Juicy Papaya | I really, really, REALLY dislike its scent.  And it does nothing for my lips. Para pa kong humalik sa lechon! I regret buying this one, I'm so sorry T_T Plus in the catalog, it looks orange so since I don't have any shade close to orange, I decided to buy this.  It makes me sad :(
  • Sophie- Ice Pink | So far, this is my most favorite lipstick! Ever. I use this quite a lot.  This one is my default lipstick whenever I go out :) I love how it gives a matte finish so I wouldn't have to worry if my lips look to shiny and glittery~ It does not feel heavy too! Obviously, I love this product like crazy.  Ice Pink is Sophie's best-seller lipstick as well :)
  • Nyx - Marrakesh Pink | This color is just crazy~ O_O I don't have any complains with regards to its scent and feel, but the shade is just too sugar-y and light so it's so not for me! I have dark lips so when I used this, it turned out to be a bit weird.  I mixed it with my russian red Sophie lipstick and it became dark pink so I guess it's better when combined with other colors.
  • Watsons - Sweet Strawberry | I've always loved strawberry! Maybe that's why I love the scent of this balm.  But I don't really like how heavy it feels when I applied.  My lips feel moisturized for a while, but after a few minutes, it just feels a little bit uncomfortable.

Shade:
(top to bottom) : Sophie, Nyx, Avon, Watsons

Sorry if the pictures are not that clear! I only used the front camera of my phone~ T__T Ice pink still looks best, in my opinion XD 


So, which shade did you like best? :) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Monolid Goddess Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos